Friday, September 5, 2008

It's all about Cattle Country

Wow, what a tough couple of weeks.
We've been fighting rain all summer. Our part of the Interlake has seen more rain than we can handle and we only have half of the hay we need to feed the cows this winter. Dealing with this personally and having to write about it in Cattle Country was hard. Mark said that he'd worry about home and it was my job to worry about everyone else. It's been a long week trying to find out if there is going to be any financial help for producers who have to buy/bring in feed this fall. We still don't have all the answers finalized.

On an optimistic note, I created a new blog!
I made a blog for the paper so that anyone can access the information online. I think this is going to be an excellent resource for people and while it will take some time to get going, it's going to help with some of the challenges of putting out only eight papers a year. I've added the link on this blog so you can check it out.

The book is coming along really well. I haven't been able to work on it the last few weeks, but I'll be back at it first thing tomorrow morning. The plan is to have it done by Christmas.

Well, better go. Check out the other blogs.

No comments:

Thoughts about writing and life in rural Manitoba

Add to Technorati Favorites
blogarama - the blog directory