Saturday, May 31, 2008

Never argue with a woman

One morning, a husband returns the boat to their lakeside
 cottage after several hours of fishing and decides to take a nap.
 Although not familiar with the lake, the wife decides to take the boat 
out. She motors out a short distance, anchors, puts her feet up, and begins to read her book. The peace and solitude are magnificent.


Along comes a Fish and Game Warden in his boat. He pulls up 
alongside the woman and says, "Good morning, Ma'am. What are you doing?'
'
"Reading a book," she replies, barely looking up from her good read.
"You're in a Restricted Fishing Area," he informs her.
"I'm sorry, officer, but I'm not fishing. I'm reading.'

'
"Yes, but I see you have all the equipment. For all I know
 you could start at any moment. I'll have to take you in and write you 
up.'
'
The woman set down her book and looked at him. "If you do that, I'll have to charge you with sexual 
assault," she said.
The Warden was shocked. "But I haven't even touched you," he said.
She smiled. "That's true, but you have all the equipment. For all I 
know you could start at any moment.'
'
Sheepishly, he turned his boat around. "Have a nice day, ma'am."

Moral of the story: Never argue with a woman who reads. It's likely she 
can think, too.

No comments:

Thoughts about writing and life in rural Manitoba

Add to Technorati Favorites
blogarama - the blog directory